FIINDING PETER: A TRUE STORY OF THE HAND OF PROVIDENCE AND EVIDENCE OF LIFE AFTER DEATH




This is an Amazon review of the book written by the man who wrote THE EXORCIST, William Peter Blatty. Following the review is the amazing sign I had from the Creator the day after I wrote this review.

This review is from: Finding Peter: A True Story of the Hand of Providence and Evidence of Life after Death (Kindle Edition)
I gave four stars because you have to work a little at this book to fully enjoy it. Blatty is a novelist, not a reporter. His story is unfolded like a delightfully discursive novel, chatty, amusing, full of small, but telling details at a leisurely pace. He uses this story telling technique to prove to us that there is life after death. I think he succeeds and provides a very good read while he does it.

As the author of 'The Exorcist', he has much to work against in telling this story, because of the huge impact that his movie has had. Blatty carries with him already the aura of otherworldly occurrences, scary and divine. But he handles all that with a great sense of humor.

His own life story is so interesting and so unique, that knowing it does make his experiences communicating with his deceased son after death more believable. Sometimes, I felt that he was so worried that you wouldn't believe his unusual experiences and their deep meaning, that he works too hard at telling the incident and can be a little confusing. If he had a movie crew and actors, it would be easier for him to get across the impact of his experiences with the paranormal. But, his heart is in what he's doing, and he has a moving, spiritually uplifting story to tell. He is a man of great faith, and that faith illuminates his story and makes it reassuring, rather than threatening.

Having communicated with my husband from beyond the grave and tried to write about it, I know how difficult it is to establish your proof. To prove something, you have to weigh the feelings unemotionally, along with the other evidence. At my blog, marcycasterline.blogspot.com I do try to do that as I relate my experiences.

I bought this book immediately, because it is a subject that I have been interested in for years. Mr. Blatty has a distinguished career in film, a world that my actor husband worked in. I very much enjoyed all his Hollywood gossip mixed in with his psychic experiences.

This is a thoroughly enjoyable book that helps to reaffirm one's faith in God.

Okay, it's Sunday, April 19, 2015 and the most amazing thing just happened to me through the grace of William Peter Blatty, I think. Last night as I read in bed as I usually do, I got to the part at the end of the book where friends of Mr. Blatty's son, who had passed away, asked for roses from Peter to show he was there. Even Mr. Blatty asked for a blue rose, impossible color for roses, but got it. All the friends got the roses they asked for. I felt a little sorry for myself, because I knew I would never have the guts to ask for a sign like that. I guess I was afraid to be disappointed. But somebody heard me and I got my rose and big hug today. Apparently it's red rose day at Fred Meyers. But I didn't know this. I checked out and said hi to one of FM friends, she said 'I'm just going home now. I want you to have my last red rose." I cried all the way home in my car. I can't believe it. Thank you Mr. Blatty for your tremendous faith in God.


Comments

Popular Posts